Dean R. Hoge papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains materials related to Dean Hoge's research on German immigration to the United States, and includes photographs, books and pamphlets on German history and German immigration to the United States, recordings on cassette and CD, and drafts of his book From Ladbergen to America.
- Creation: 1800-2007
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1957-2007
- Hoge, Dean R., 1937-2008 (Person)
Language of Materials
The records are in English
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
Biography of Dean R. Hoge
Dean R. Hoge was an sociologist of American religion and expert on the Catholic priesthood. He was a professor at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. for 32 years.
3 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Papers of Dean Hoge, a Presbyterian layman and sociology professor at Catholic University. These papers contain materials related to his research on German immigration to the United States including photographs, books, pamphlets, cassette recordings, and drafts of his book From Ladbergen to America.
Statement of Arrangement
The collection is arranged into series by material type.
Archives and Rare Books Library
- Finding aid for the Dean R. Hoge papers, 1800-2007
- Edited Full Draft
- Finding aid prepared by Suzanne Maggard
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English