Urban Appalachian Council records
Scope and Content
Records of Cincinnati's Urban Appalachian Council. The records include minutes of the board of the council, membership lists, bylaws, reports, and correspondence. The collection also contains news clippings and pamphlets related to Appalachia, Appalachians, and the Urban Appalachian Council and its activities. The collection also includes a scrapbook with clippings, a reel to reel with Appalachian music, and photographs.
- Urban Appalachian Council (Organization)
Language of Materials
The records are in English
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open for research.
History of the Urban Appalachian Council
The Urban Appalachian Council was established in 1974 to assist Appalachian migrants and their descendants in the Cincinnati area.
1.25 Linear Feet
Minutes, reports, correspondence, newsclippings, and other miscellaneous material related to the Urban Appalachian Council and its activities.
Statement of Arrangement
The collection is arranged into folders by subject matter and material type.
Archives and Rare Books Library
- Finding aid for the Urban Appalachian Council records
- Edited Full Draft
- Finding aid prepared by Archives and Rare Books Library staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English