Christian R. Holmes Hospital Collection
Scope and Content
This collection features materials documenting Holmes Hospital from 1925-1987 including construction costs, an early history, a hospital manual, as well as photographs and newspaper clippings relating to Holmes Hospital.
- Majority of material found within 1979-1982
- Holmes Hospital (Organization)
Language of Materials
The records are in English
Restrictions on Use
Some folders in this collection are marked "restricted." These folders contain protected health information which cannot be published. For more information about Winkler Center policies on restricted materials and our redaction process, please contact the Winkler Center.
History of Holmes Hospital
Built in 1929 in honor of Dr. Christian R. Holmes', who died in 1920, Holmes Hospital was established as a private facility in connection with the Cincinnati General Hospital. At Holmes, doctors and professors from the General Hospital and College of Medicine could see and operate on their private patients. Still part of UC Health, Holmes no longer accommodates inpatient procedures. Currently, the hospital houses the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. It also serves as an outpatient office for plastic and reconstructive surgery and houses a sleep lab.
.75 Linear Feet
A collection of materials from or relating to Holmes Hospital
Statement of Arrangement
This collection is arranged at item level.
- Cincinnati (Ohio) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cincinnati General Hospital
- Hospital Design and Construction -- history Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Hospital Planning Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Procter, William Cooper, 1862-1934
- Taft, Anna Sinton, -1931
- Taft, Charles P. (Charles Phelps), 1897-1983
- University Hospital (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- University of Cincinnati. Medical Center
- Guide to the Christian R. Holmes Hospital Collection
- Edited Full Draft
- Finding aid prepared by Veronica Buchanan.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Cincinnati, Health Sciences Library, Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions Repository
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
231 Albert Sabin Way
Cincinnati Ohio 45267-0574