Harvey A. K. Whitney Jr. Collection
Scope and Content
The Harvey A. K. Whitney collection occupies over 2 linear feet and consists of 2 boxes containing 61 folders and one oversized plaque, which is stored separately. The collection is broken down in 7 series: Writings of Harvey A. K. Whitney Jr., Professional Papers of Harvey A. K. Whitney Jr., Papers of George Archambault, Papers of Donald Francke, Papers of Walter Frazier, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), and Audio-visual aides. The collection includes correspondence regarding the journal Drug Intelligence and Clinical Pharmacy from both Whitney and Archambault, correspondence from pharmacists in Poland and Iran, and a significant collection of materials documenting the foundation of ACCP and its early publications and meetings.
- Majority of material found within 1979-1985
- Whitney, Harvey A. K. (Person)
Language of Materials
The records are in English
Biography of Harvey A. K. Whitney Jr.
Harvey Whitney, well known in the field as an educator, is an innovator and a publisher. Mr. Whitney was educated at the University of Michigan where he received his bachelors and masters of science. It was at the University of Michigan Hospitals and Medical Center that he served his internship and residency in pharmacy from 1959 through 1961. Harvey Whitney, the educator, has had a key role on a national and local level in the development of the pharmacy technician program. At the University of Cincinnati, we can also thank him for his contributions to the development of the PharmD program. In his role as publisher and editor, he has been responsible for over 25 newsletters, journals and books and is the President, Publisher and editor of Harvey Whitney Books Company.
Source: Introduction, Henry R. Winkler Center Oral History Interview of Harvey A.K. Whitney, MS, BS by Marianne Ivey, PharmD, M.P.H., FASHP Robert J. Cluxton, PharmD, MBA, November 14, 2013
2 Linear Feet
A collection of papers documenting Harvey A. K. Whitney's professional career.
Statement of Arrangement
The box arrangement adheres to the original order of the unprocessed collection.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Education, Pharmacy -- history Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Pharmacy technicians -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Raymond Walters General and Technical College
- Schools, Pharmacy -- history Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- University of Cincinnati. College of Pharmacy
- Whitney, Harvey A. K.
- Guide to the Harvey A. K. Whitney Jr. Collection
- Edited Full Draft
- Finding aid prepared by Veronica Buchanan
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Cincinnati, Health Sciences Library, Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions Repository
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
231 Albert Sabin Way
Cincinnati Ohio 45267-0574