Roscoe C. Garrison Collection
Scope and Content
The Roscoe Garrison collection occupies 1 linear foot and consists of 1 box and 12 folders. The collection is broken down in 2 series: Military Documents and Personal Memorabilia. The bulk of the collection emanates from Garrison's service in the First World War including a collection of war memorandums, orders, leave requests, war insurance and tax information. The personal memorabilia series includes sheet music written by military service members about the War, Darlehnskassenschein Deutsch Marks, and Garrison's Kentucky Dental License.
- Majority of material found within 1918-1919
- Garrison, Roscoe (Person)
Language of Materials
The records are in English
Biography of Lieut. Roscoe C. Garrison
Roscoe Garrison was a First Lieutenant serving in the Dental Corps with the 126th Infantry during World War I. He was born on February 28th, 1890, graduated from the Ohio College of Dental Surgery in 1915, and enlisted in the army shortly after. He served from 1918-1919 and was stationed in various locations throughout France and Germany until he returned home after the war. He passed away on January 3rd,1972 in Lincoln County, Montana.
1 Linear Feet
The collection consists of correspondence and memorabilia predominantly relating to Garrison's service in the First World War.
Statement of Arrangement
The folder arrangement adheres to the original order of the unprocessed collection.
- Dentistry -- history Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Military Dentistry -- history Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Military Facilities -- supply and distribution Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Military Medicine -- history Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- New Concord (Ohio) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- World War, 1914-1918 -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the WC-45, Roscoe C. Garrison Collection
- Edited Full Draft
- Finding aid prepared by Veronica Buchanan
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Cincinnati, Health Sciences Library, Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions Repository
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
231 Albert Sabin Way
Cincinnati Ohio 45267-0574