Eugene L. Saenger Archival Collection
Scope and Content
The collection includes correspondence, articles and reports relating to Saenger's work with the Whole-Body Radiation experiments.
- Saenger, Eugene L. (Person)
Language of Materials
The records are in English
Biography of Eugene L. Saenger
Dr. Eugene Saenger (March 5, 1917; September 30, 2007) was a professor and physician at the University of Cincinnati. A graduate of Harvard University, Saenger was a pioneer in radiation research and nuclear medicine He is best known for the whole-body radiation experiments he conducted on cancer patients during the 1960s and early 1970s.
The professional papers of Dr. Eugene Saenger with focus on the whole body radiation experiments conducted at the University of Cincinnati in the 1960s and 1970s.
Statement of Arrangement
Original order was kept in tact.
- Cincinnati (Ohio) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nuclear Medicine Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Radiation Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Radiotherapy - ethics Subject Source: Medical Subject Headings
- Saenger, Eugene L.
- Silberstein, Edward B.
- University of Cincinnati. College of Medicine
- Guide to the Eugene L. Saenger Archival Collection
- Edited Full Draft
- Finding aid prepared by CMHC Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Cincinnati, Health Sciences Library, Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions Repository
Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library
231 Albert Sabin Way
Cincinnati Ohio 45267-0574